Tri Waco Regional Championship High-Performance Training Group
10-Week Training Program, May 13th through July 23rd
The Tri Waco Intermediate Distance Race is the South Midwest Regional Championship! This Training Group is for those who have been doing Triathlon for a little bit already and are ready to test themselves. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE FAST TO JOIN THIS GROUP! “High Performance” simply means that you are interested in working hard and seeing how much you can improve in 10 weeks. If you are on the fence about getting a coach or thrive in team sports, this may be the group for you. There are no time qualifications for this group, we are just looking for those who want to train more intensely and manage recovery with a coach rather than on your own*.
By the way, DFW Tri Club and Training Group members get $10 off race entry fees – see more information here.
- COACHED swim, bike, and run workouts!
- TWO BLOOD LACTATE TESTS (Additional tests cost $90/test)
- Detailed weekly group workout schedules for each discipline
- More coach communication than a typical group, including regular detailed feedback in TrainingPeaks
- Free Clinics and Lectures: Training with Heart Rate, Flat Tire Clinic, Transition Clinic, Nutrition Clinic, Race Strategy etc.
- Free access to the DFW Tri Club
- Two Free Months to TrainerRoad
- Use of Best Bike Split for those who have a bike Power Meter
- Discounted access to LA Fitness (gym subject to change) for 3 months, if you are not already a member.
- Experience the DFW Tri Club group dynamic! We’re not just a club, we’re a community!
- DFW Tri Club visor and t-shirt
- Extra swag from Community Partners UCAN, Chipotle, 2skin, HOTSHOT & Red Bull!
- $425 for DFW Tri Club Members (LA Fitness Membership extra, if you don’t already have one)
- $475 for Non-DFW Tri Club Members (LA Fitness Membership extra, if you don’t already have one)
- Training Begins – July 22nd
- Training with Heart Rate Clinic
- Nutrition Clinic
- Flat Tire Clinic
- Transition Clinic
- Pre-Race Meeting
- TriWaco – July 23rd (Sold separately, register for the race here, but Training Group members should first get their discount code here.)
Coached Group Training Sessions:
- DALLAS – Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 am at LA Fitness Lake Highlands.
- GRAPEVINE – Mondays and Thursdays at 6:00 am LA Fitness Grapevine.
- PLANO – Tuesdays & Thursdays at 5:30 am LA Fitness Plano West (Midway & Park)
- OPEN WATER SWIMS – Saturdays at 7:00 AM – Alternating Weeks at Lake Grapevine & Lake Ray Hubbard
- DALLAS – Wednesday 6:00 pm at SMU or Germany Park.
- GRAPEVINE – Wednesday 6:30 pm Cross Timber Middle School
- PLANO – Wednesday – TBD
Weekly Bike Rides:
- ALL GROUPS – Saturdays at 8:15 am, following the OWS.
- Additional Weekly Rides – TBD
USAT membership is required. Each participant will be required to verify their current USAT annual membership prior to the start of the program.
*USAT Certified coach provides the training plan to the group, but recovery varies individually. This Training Group may not be as efficient as a one-on-one coach-athlete relationship since this plan is written for the group as a whole.